Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) is seeking an experienced and highly motivated logistics, research, and planning expert to serve as the Associate Director of Production and Content. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and executing a variety of production shoots, special projects, digital content and public service announcements including assuring appropriate logistical support for these productions. They will also manage the overall logistics flow and procedures for the production department. This position will report to the Vice President of Production and Content and will be the primary logistics hub for all production projects.This is a temporary position with the organization’s option to convert to a fulltime employee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Science Content Shoots and Video Production
- Participate in creative overview discussions / planning for video themes and concepts
- Develop interview questions and research on various material
- Own all elements of Production Schedule – including Pre-Pro, Travel, Shoot and Post
- Research location-based crews / rates / availabilities and booking
- Review different equipment options (camera, sound, hard drive purchasing / cost comparison)
- Supervise crew paperwork (W9’s, equipment insurance, equipment rental, invoice processing, etc.)
- As necessary, manage various members of production support staff and assist with talent relations
- Facilitate communication and planning for Location Manager and Production Crew (outline potential shooting issues – ie. sound, lighting, space, electrical, furniture, etc.)
- Track all budget items and research pricing for various shoot needs
- Supervise the collection and organization of all necessary releases and clearances
- Complete all shooting permits and insurance paperwork
- Editing oversight, scheduling and delivery of various projects
- Oversee production of videos for SU2C.ORG, Sizzle Reels, PR Reels, etc.
PSA Creative Development
- Maintain SU2C brand voice across all deliverables
- As needed: develop in-house concepts, in conjunction with Vice President of Production and Content, and pitch to in house stakeholders and donors
- As needed: oversee vendors to handle creative development, including managing feedback and approval flows and providing key creative insights
- Continually develop and refine data-driven feedback on PSAs, including efficacies for calls to action
- Develop research and best practice based creative strategies to accomplish campaign goals, including goals around Health Equity and multicultural marketing
PSA Shoot Management
- Research and track copywriters, art directors, directors, post production facilities, etc for future projects
- Develop campaign calendars and draft budgets
- Oversee the scheduling and shooting of Behind-the-Scenes footage
- Oversee distribution of thank you gifts for talent and crew
- Editing oversight and delivery of the Behind-the Scenes Web Videos and PR Selects
- Actualize final budgets and submit for processing
- Acquire and archive all final campaign creative assets
- Own master production editorial calendar and forecast donor deliverables
SU2C Multi-Network Fundraising Specials Shoot
- Track and oversee patient outreach for taped segments and show integration
- Support Show Producers in all aspects of Production
- Plan and organize red carpet, patient activations and other shoots as necessary
- Coordinate delivery and storage of all show assets after production
- Track shooting schedules and talent involvement potential
- Research various opportunities and partnerships for SU2C
- Own and oversee all project management and traffic processes for production department
- Continually develop and maintain relationships with Below The Line crew, including but not limited to: Directors of Photography, Sound Engineers, Editors, Line Producers, etc.
Post Production Management
- Oversee editing of new sizzle requests
- Track all media deliverables from production shoots including but not limited to science content, PSA, and Telecast
- Maintain organization of project drives, asset drives, transport drives, and SU2C production unit backup drives
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A bachelor’s degree in film, production management, entertainment or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- A high degree of awareness of the value and purpose of philanthropy and non-profits.
- Outstanding communication skills (written, oral and interpersonal).
- Business acumen to ensure the alignment of SU2C Production resources and objectives.
- Strong organizational skills, including expertise in scheduling and planning.
- A minimum of 6-7 years of progressively responsible experience in a film production role
- A background in multicultural marketing preferred.
- Sound judgment, a keen sense of discretion, and flexibility in the face of competing priorities.
- Must have strong experience using Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, and an impeccable ability to maintain a schedule.
- Passion for and commitment to SU2C’s mission.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Carries out supervisory duties in accordance with federal / state law and company policy.
Directly: N/A Indirectly: Editor
Possess Physical Ability to:
- Sit for extended periods of time.