A highly motivated and organized individual to support the Stand Up To Cancer Media Development and Entertainment Relations Department. The Manager’s primary responsibility will be to spearhead outreach to TV networks, production companies, film studios, streaming channels and other key entertainment organizations to build unique partnerships and campaigns. In addition, the manager will support the rest of the team on talent engagement, PSA outreach and entertainment press efforts for red carpet events. This position will report to the SVP Media Development and Entertainment Relations.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collaborate with SVP Media Development and Entertainment Relations on developing strategy around TV and film collaborations
- Help identify organizations to collaborate with in order to help strengthen brand within the industry
- Help spearhead building relationships with key stakeholders in the entertainment industry, including, but not limited to: tv networks, streaming platforms, film studios, guilds, literary agents and managers and production companies
- Develop collateral for meetings with key creative teams at networks, film and production companies
- Work with science and advocacy team to create assets to provide to writers, showrunners, and key industry executives to position SU2C as a resource for relevant TV and film storylines
- Work with internal departments to develop strategy to amplify TV and film collaborations through digital and press opportunities
- Work with Coordinator to expand TV and film collaboration opportunities into Canada
- Identify existing events for SU2C to participate in that target writers, showrunners and key industry creatives
- Help with outreach to networks, streaming channels in US and Canada to secure carriage of the SU2C telecast
- Support Sr. Manager on working with external agencies and/or consultants engaged for talent outreach and support
- Work with Sr. Manager and key internal departments to identify best opportunities for talent engagement through TV and film collaborations
- Help develop and maintain relationships with talent publicists and representatives
- Cover talent at events, shoots and other key activations
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT/DONATED MEDIA:
- Work with coordinator to secure donated ad space for all SU2C Public Service Announcements (PSA) in US and Canada
- Work with internal teams on coordinating talent logistics for PSA shoots
- Help liaise with talent in advance of shoot
- Attend PSA shoots, as needed, to manage talent and talent team
- Work with team to oversee red carpet PR agency, the development and implementation of press strategies related to red carpet events such as SU2C telecast, Hollywood Stands Up To Cancer etc.
- Help manage telecast red carpet, including talent and press participation and attendance
- Work with communications on entertainment publicity efforts around TV and film collaborations
- Work with communications on entertainment publicity efforts around general SU2C celebrity ambassador engagement
- Work with internal and external teams to develop collateral for talent and press
- Liaise with talent representatives leading up to telecast and red-carpet events to ensure all collateral has been reviewed and approved by talent teams
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and/or Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree
- 3-4 years’ experience in TV, entertainment, publicity and/or non-profit space
- Outstanding communication skills (oral, interpersonal and written)
- Outstanding organizational skills, including expertise in scheduling and planning
- The professionalism, maturity, and confidence to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of staff
- Ability to foresee and anticipate needs
- Must have strong experience using Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, InDesign and Excel
- Experience media and talent databases, such as IMDBPro and Influencer Intelligence, a plus
- A high degree of awareness of the value and purpose of philanthropy and non-profits
Language Skills: Proficiency in the English Language and excellent verbal and written communication skills in addition to the ability to present sensitive issues with a high level of tact, diplomacy and integrity.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve while maintaining extreme attention to detail
- Capability to take direction and be flexible while working both independently and with others
- Excellent judgment
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks as they are presented
- The ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment and refocus as the job and situations demand
- The ability to work within a team and establish strong working relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds and abilities
Carries out supervisory duties in accordance with federal / state law and company policy.
Directly: If approved, a department assistant
Possess Physical Ability to:
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Operate standard office equipment
- Lift & carry files or boxes, file & retrieve documents
To lift boxes less than 15 pounds in weight
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.