The SU2C Scientific Program Coordinator is responsible for: operationalizing the selection and oversight of projects within the SU2C-managed research grant portfolio; drafting summaries of science and memoranda for internal use; conducting grants administration tasks for a portion of the SU2C managed portfolio; managing the grants database across the SU2C portfolio; coordinating yearly reviews of grant application, selection and oversight policies and procedures; providing first line response to questions and concerns from investigators, scientific partner organizations, and internal SU2C departments; providing key support to SU2C Science in the oversight of grants and special projects. This position is based in our Los Angeles office but will be required to work East Coast office hours as many of our Science team members are located on the East Coast. Some travel is required. This position will be filled Q1 of 2021.
- Coordination of SU2C Managed Grants (40%)
Coordinates all aspects of the selection and oversight of a defined portion of the SU2C-managed grants portfolio. Works closely with Program Manager to prepare all relevant materials, assure that applicant/grantee questions are addressed, ensure that application/progress review materials are complete and on-time, and coordinate selection meetings and project review meetings.
- Grants Database Management (25%)
Oversees the SU2C grants management database to ensure that relevant data is entered properly and on time by applicants and grantees as well as SU2C and AACR staff. Provides quality assurance oversight of data entry related to document submissions, reports, and notices. Acts as the lead contact with the database provider to resolve issues and implement new processes.
- SU2C Staff Support (20%)
Provides coordination and support for SU2C staff engaged in grants management and Science special projects. Reviews/fact checks materials for use in web, print or other media. Assists with donor deliverables assigned to SU2C Science. Assists with coordination of the SU2C Scientific Summit.
- Policies and Procedures Reviews (10%)
Coordinates an annual review of SU2C Science policies and procedures related to the oversight of the SU2C scientific portfolio and transmission of key information to internal and external recipients. Manages information-gathering projects to inform innovative and thoughtful updates.
- Other Duties (5%)
Other duties as assigned.
Internal: EIF staff
External: Individuals, Companies and philanthropic organizations currently working in conjunction with EIF on various initiatives
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
• Four years’ experience in quality assurance, regulatory compliance, audit and/or compliance monitoring.
• Two years of supervisory or project management experience preferred but not required.
• Experience with IRB compliance, data monitoring or regulatory affairs in an academic setting.
• Certified IRB Professional (CIP), Certified Clinical Research Coordinator (CCRC), or Regulatory Affairs Certificate through DIA, RAPS, CfPIE or equivalent
Language Skills: Proficiency in the English Language and excellent verbal and written communication skills in addition to the ability to present sensitive issues with a high level of tact, diplomacy and integrity.
Other Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of basic regulatory requirements for research involving humans and/or experience in compliance related work.
• Ability to multi-task and problem solve while maintaining extreme attention to detail
• Capability to take direction and be flexible while working both independently and with others
• Excellent judgment.
• The ability to prioritize multiple tasks as they are presented. The ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment and refocus as the job and situations demand.
• The ability to work within a team and establish strong working relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
• Knowledge of standard office equipment
Possess Physical Ability to:
• Sit for extended periods of time.
• Operate a motor vehicle.
• Lift & carry files or boxes, file & retrieve documents
• To lift boxes less than 15 pounds in weight
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.