The Assistant provides administrative and communications support to the SVP, Communications. A successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to masterfully arrange a complex executive calendar, book travel, manage expense reports and other administrative tasks, while also providing junior level communications support, as required. The candidate should possess superior organizational/ communication skills, be detail–oriented, computer proficient, resourceful, maintain an impeccable level of professionalism, and have the ability to multi-task. The candidate should also have an interest in communications and basic knowledge of media list development and monitoring, media relations, and event management. This position will be based out of the Stand Up To Cancer office in Los Angeles, CA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain and take ownership of the calendar of the SVP, Communications
- Arrange high frequency travel, create travel itineraries with ability to anticipate potential changes
- Schedule internal and external meetings; secure locations and dial-in numbers
- Manage media database and awards tracker
- Manage media monitoring for the company
- Prepare communications materials (media alerts/press releases/bios etc), as needed
- Conduct media outreach and provide event support, as needed
- Be proficient in research and developing executive summaries
- Assist SVP Communications on communications tasks, as assigned
- Prepare administrative documents such as invoices, time sheets and labor allocations, expense reports, travel reports and correspondence on a timely basis
- Operate standard computer software applications including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Perform other related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, preferably with a major in Communications
- An individual with a minimum of one (1) to three (3) years relevant experience as an executive assistant, preferably supporting executives in a non-profit organization or a corporate setting
- PR agency preferred
Language Skills: Proficiency in the English Language and excellent verbal and written communication skills in addition to the ability to present sensitive issues with a high level of tact, diplomacy and integrity.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Experience using Cision and PR Newswire highly desirable
- Strong skills in MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate outstanding organizational skills with the capacity to be highly task oriented
- Possess a high level of attention to detail when creating charts, documents and written correspondence
- Drive administrative tasks forward, while tracking and meeting deadlines
- Communicate information effectively and efficiently to appropriate parties, in both written and verbal forms
- Demonstrate strong personal compatibility with a commitment to Stand Up To Cancer’s philosophies and mission while maintaining a high degree of professionalism