Patients can’t wait for new breakthroughs so SU2C does not operate on traditional grant cycles; rather we open Request For Applications (RFAs) as soon as funds are available. The core principles that guide our application selection process include:
- Maximizing innovation while minimizing bureaucracy
- Collaboration over competition
- Advancing Health Equity in project goals and in grantee team makeup
- Team environment to facilitate information sharing
- Goal-oriented projects with defined milestones and deliverables
- Regular progress reviews
Stand Up To Cancer is committed to eliminating barriers of access to new treatments for all cancer patients by harnessing the promise of precision medicine inclusive of diverse patient populations. We support clinical trials and research studies that have developed successful strategies, measurable outcomes, and robust outreach plans to include historically underrepresented racial and ethnic minority populations. We have developed application resources for incorporating health equity principles into research projects.