The Clinical Trials Specialist will work directly and report to SU2C’s Senior Director, Science and Strategy assisting with the various components of patient assistance and building relationships between patients and existing patient advocates. The Clinical Trials Specialist will coordinate the SU2C Clinical Trial Enrollment Task Force and coordinate efforts as led by the Director of Scientific Program Management to track and enhance clinical trial accrual across the SU2C portfolio. The Clinical Trials Specialist will work across SU2C to coordinate geomarketing efforts for clinical trials associated with SU2C research teams.
- Offer clinical trial assistance to patients, families, and caregivers
- Help to facilitate consistent and timely referrals for said patients and families as needed
- Create and maintain database of Contacts; Key Institutions, Physicians, Oncologist, Nurses, Healthcare Team, Patient Resource Organizations, and Patient referral/records
- Raise awareness of and provide information about available resources, support programs, and services
- Build and maintain relationships with patients and patient advocates
- Represent the organization and build relationships with key advocacy and professional groups
- Create and develop internal communication strategies (digital) to engage and educate internal and external stakeholders
- Foster collaboration and standardize best practices among Dream Team Advocates
- Develop and maintain database of patient and caregivers who have expressed interest in being engaged in SU2C PR and Communications efforts
- Support SU2C Catalyst and Clinical Trials Initiatives as needed
- Coordinate SU2C Clinical Trials Enrollment Task Force
- Track clinical trials and accrual for SU2C research teams
- Coordinate geomarketing and other efforts across SU2C teams to enhance clinical trial enrollment
- Follows up with key contacts through written and verbal communications
- Responds to and/or escalates issues as they arise with various projects
- Plan and develop content for departmental meetings including staff meetings
- Proactively schedules and conducts internal and external meetings as needed
- Must be able to travel over 25%, at times with short notice
- Other duties may be assigned
- Ability to establish effective and conducive relationships with patients and healthcare team member
- Previous knowledge of the environment and systems that patients must navigate during treatment
- Ability to work independently if needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience working directly with patients and their families preferred
- Organized and able to take initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for the non-profit world generally and cancer research specifically
Education and/or Experience:
(Ex: A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.)
- Bachelor’s degree required in related health, scientific and/or clinical field of study (i.e. Nursing, biological sciences)
- Minimum of 6-9 years of relevant experience in Oncology
- Clinical trial experience required
- Clinical research coordinator certifications desired (i.e., CRC, CCRC)
Language Skills: Proficiency in the English Language and excellent verbal and written communication skills in addition to the ability to present sensitive issues with a high level of tact, diplomacy and integrity.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve while maintaining extreme attention to detail
- Capability to take direction and be flexible while working both independently and with others
- Excellent judgment.
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks as they are presented. The ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment and refocus as the job and situations demand.
- The ability to work within a team and establish strong working relationships with individuals of diverse backgrounds and abilities.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Carries out supervisory duties in accordance with federal/state law and company policy.
Directly: N/A Indirectly: N/A
Possess Physical Ability to:
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Lift & carry files or boxes, file & retrieve documents
- To lift boxes less than 15 pounds in weight