REAL SIMPLE GRANTS CHARITABLE WISHES
TO FIVE NOTABLE NON PROFIT ORGANIZATIONS
REAL SIMPLE OFFERS UNIQUE HOLIDAY EXPERIENCE WITH
GIFTS FOR-SALE, GIVEAWAYS, MAKEOVERS, AND TIPS TO MAKE THE HOLIDAYS EASIER
November 18, 2010 – Since its founding ten years ago, Real Simple’s mission has been to make life easier. This holiday season, Real Simple is extending its brand promise with its first-ever holiday Pop-Up Shop – an experiential retail environment in one of the country’s most highly trafficked locations – New York City’s Rockefeller Center.
The Real Simple Pop-Up Shop, presented by Kodak, will open at 10 West 49th Street, Rockefeller Center, December 1st-6th, from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Inspired by the December issue of Real Simple, the store will feature gift-giving ideas, tips and solutions for the holidays. Best-selling authors Jessica Seinfeld (Double Delicious!), Tim Gunn (Gunn’s Golden Rules), and Lisa Birnbach (True Prep) are scheduled for appearances and book signings in the Pop-Up Shop. Real Simple’s Pop-Up Shop will be the largest retailer in Rock Center at 15,000 square feet, and 5,000 people are expected to enter the shop each day.
“We are thrilled to offer this multi-dimensional holiday experience in one of the world’s most popular holiday locations – Rockefeller Center,” said Kevin White, Publisher, Real Simple. “From our unique gift shop, prize giveaways and makeovers, holiday tips and solutions, we are confident that this inspiring holiday experience will truly make consumers’ lives easier
As the presenting sponsor, Kodak will showcase the new PYNK Smart Print System, an easy to use system where photos can be printed to fit PYNK enabled collage frames. In addition, Kodak will donate 18 celebrity signed KODAK PYNK Smart Print Ready frames available for auction (www.eBay.com/KODAK) from November 30 – December 10th with all proceeds benefitting the Alzheimer’s Association (http://www.alz.org), the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer care, support and research.
Additional sponsors for the event include: Born, Buitoni, The Container Store, NesCafe Dulce Gusto, Kraft Philadelphia, Lindt, L’Oreal Paris, Nautica, Toshiba, Westin, and others. The Pop-Up Shop will host in-store beauty makeovers by L’Oreal; an exclusive cooking demo featuring Kraft Philadelphia Cooking Creme by the Real Women of Philadelphia; offer exclusive products previews, tastings and free hand outs of product samples from Kraft, Buitoni, Metromint water and Lindt; have exclusive discounts and giveaways from Born and Toshiba; and sell Born boots, Dolce Gusto Circolo K-Cup Coffee Makers, Nautica boys blazers, Westin tea lights and travel blankets, and selected L’Oreal products.
“We are delighted to be the presenting sponsor for The Real Simple Pop-Up Shop,” said Kim Hajec, WW Marketing Programs Manager, Eastman Kodak Company. “Like Real Simple, Kodak is dedicated to helping make people’s lives easier, with effortless ways to document and remember their most special moments. We look forward to celebrating the holidays with Real Simple, an iconic brand, and all of its enthusiastic, creative and solution-seeking fans.”
The Real Simple Pop-Up Shop will sell select items from its December holiday gift guide. Real Simple issues and special–offer subscriptions, as well as Real Simple branded books (featured at 25% off) will also be available, as will the brand’s exclusive product line, Real Simple Solutions, normally only available at Bed, Bath & Beyond. More than 90 products will be available for-sale in the Pop-Up Shop.
As part of the Charitable Wishes program, Real Simple will grant a wish a day to five charitable organizations to make life better for those who deserve it most, including:
- Habitat for Humanity [http://www.habitat.org], providing a “Holiday Starter Kit” to a new homeowner;
- St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital [http://www.stjude.org], providing a “Real Simple Holiday Party” to the families in the hospital;
- Stand Up 2 Cancer [http://www.standup2cancer.org], providing a “Real Simple Home Makeover” to somebody who is battling cancer;
- The Jackie Robinson Foundation [http://www.jackierobinson.org], providing a “Real Simple Professional Makeover” to five female Jackie Robinson scholars about to embark on interviews;
- The Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund [http://www.fallenheroesfund.org], providing a day of relaxation and pampering for the four founders, whose husbands died while serving in Iraq.
To raise additional awareness for each charity, Real Simple will sell “Gifts That Give Back” in the Pop-Up Shop, with a portion of the proceeds going to the charities.
In addition to giveaways throughout week, one lucky attendee per day will win an ultimate holiday wish including:
- The Real Simple Life: Kitchen Organization and Private Chef for a Week, presented by Real Simple
- Ultimate Rock Center Experience for Four including house seats to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular, lunch at the Rockefeller Center Café, tickets for the Art and Observation Tour and a visit to Top of the Rock at Rockefeller Center and more, presented by Rock Center
- $5,000 Shopping Spree at Saks Fifth Avenue with a Personal Shopper, presented by Saks Fifth Avenue
- A Year of Indulgent Spa Treatments and a Weekend Spa Retreat for Two to the Acqualina Resort in South Beach, Miami, presented by SpaFinder
- The Ultimate Red Carpet Experience at the Kodak Theatre with a L’Oréal Paris Makeover for the winner and a guest, presented by Kodak and L’Oréal Paris
- Three Deluxe 3 Night/4 Day Getaways for 2 to Barceló Maya Palace Deluxe in Riviera Maya, Mexico, presented by Barceló Hotels and Resorts and JetBlue Getaways
- Three Deluxe 3 Night/4 Day Getaways for 2 to Barceló Bavaro Palace Deluxe in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, presented by Barceló Hotels and Resorts and JetBlue Getaways
Real Simple editors will host live demonstrations from 12 noon — 1:00 p.m. each weekday:
- Wednesday, December 1: Food Director Allie Lewis Clapp will host a presentation on “Fast and Delicious Holiday Finger Foods;”
- Thursday, December 2: Home Editor at Large Danielle Claro will offer “Magical Gifts for Everyone on Your List;”
- Friday, December 3: Beauty & Health Director Didi Gluck will host a presentation on “Hair and Makeup How-To’s;”
- Monday, December 6: Fashion Director Victoria Sanchez-Lincoln will host a presentation on “Festive Holiday Fashion.”
About Real Simple
Real Simple launched in April 2000, offering smart, relevant and fresh ideas for busy women looking to make life easier. Currently reaching 8.1 million readers per month, Real Simple has expanded its brand promise to other platforms, including: a robust digital presence at www.realsimple.com; special issues; books; licensed products; and a syndicated newspaper column. Real Simple is part of Time Inc., one of the largest content companies in the world and the largest publisher in the U.S. Time Inc. is a Time Warner company.
As the world’s foremost imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers, businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of pictures and printing to enrich their lives. To learn more, visit http://www.kodak.com and follow our blogs and more at http://www.kodak.com/go/followus.
More than 75 million people worldwide manage, share and create photo gifts online at KODAK Gallery—join today at www.kodakgallery.com. Choose from the widest selection of KODAK Digital Cameras, All-in-One Inkjet Printers, Pocket Video Cameras and more at http://store.kodak.com. 2010 KODAK and PYNK are trademarks of Kodak.